Welcome to Atlanta, the place of films, fame and of course great food.
If you are new to the Atlanta area, or perhaps you’ve been here for a while and have not ventured out much, this post is for you.
In this post we are going to take a look at Places in Atlanta with food! More specifically, we are going to help you find some top spots to eat at in multiple different areas in and around Atlanta.
We are going to cover OTP (out of the perimeter) and ITP (in the perimeter), which if you do not know that basically just means inside and outside of I-285. It is just how the locals refer to sections of Atlanta.
Atlanta Food Places
As we said, there is plenty to do and plenty of great places to eat at all around Atlanta. Therefore, here is the line up of places we are going to cover in this post for you:
There is not a rhyme or reason to why we chose these locations, just that we think they each have great food! So, without wasting too much time lets dive into our first area of Midtown and what they have for you to enjoy on a plate!
First on our list of areas to take a look at is the thriving, innovative area of Midtown. Known for the youthful buildings, residents and culture, this place is perfect for great food to originate from. If you’ve never been to this side of town, then we suggest going and walking around to experience all that it has to offer!
Here is our top 3 spots to dine at we found from a reputable source:
- Momonoki – The best poke bowls, ramen and more. This place never disappoints
- Nan Thai Fine Dining – Thai Fine Dining that puts all others almost to shame
- The Consulate – Globally inspired cuisine for the finest of palates
A full list of our Midtown top locations to eat at can be found here.
Make sure to check out the full list on the link above, and try out these locations! Next, we are going to take a look at the busy area of Buckhead, Georgia.
Second on our list is the business district of Atlanta for the rich and popular. That’s right, the area known as Buckhead is where a lot of the locals would consider “money” to come from. This place is awesome though, from the modern vibe to the exciting nightlife, the area has tons to offer.
Specifically, lets take a look at our top 3 food locations you have to try.
- The Garden Room – Unique dining experience of ultra lush Victorian fantasy
- Aria Restaurant – American dining with a small, daily-updated seasonal menu
- King + Duke – Open-fire cooking inspired concept with amazing dishes
Our Buckhead top places full list to eat can be found here. We can guarantee that any of these locations will amaze and inspire.
The third area on our list is going to be the bustling downtown district of Atlanta!
Downtown Atlanta Restaurants
Obviously, we had to cover the downtown of Atlanta right? But seriously, downtown is popping, bumping, and down right crazy. Atlanta is truly a southern masterpiece of diversity, culture, and energy.
Lets take a look at our top three restaurants to visit downtown in Atlanta followed by a link to a full list for you to enjoy:
- The Sun Dial – An obvious favorite for all Atlanta locals. Located at the top of a hotel with views that will awe
- Ray’s in the City – Local steak house done right. Come here for amazing meats and fine wines
- Hsu’s Gourmet – The finest of Chinese dining in all of Atlanta
Make sure to checkout the full list of Downtown Atlanta top places to eat that can be found here.
Next we are taking a trip partially OTP to Sandy Springs, Georgia.
Our first out of the perimeter location that we are going to cover is conveniently referred to as “Sandy Springs”. This place is trendy, upscale and bridges right out of Buckhead to make things simple for us in terms of location.
Sandy Springs is known to continue the business distract with tons to do, places to go, and things to see. In terms of food, there is no shortage either!
Here is our list of top 3 places you have to try in this area followed again by a full list to checkout:
- The Select Restaurant + Bar – Classy spot with a comprehensive menu of American classics and Southern favorites
- Kaiser’s Chophouse – A family owned steakhouse with local love
- JINYA Ramen Bar – Japanese-style noodle bar that comes with its own unique dining experience
As always, make sure to checkout our complete list of Sandy Springs top places to eat that can be found in this post here.
Next to last is the hustling, quaint area of Marietta, Georgia that is located just slightly up I-75 from Atlanta. This area is OTP, but features some of the finest locations around Atlanta.
We are going to dive straight into our top three on our list for you to enjoy in Marietta:
- Douceur de France – A local French establishment that serves authentic food the way its supposed to be made
- Two Birds Taphouse – A fabulous bar & restaurant that all can enjoy with inspirationally good food
- Meza Luna – A hole in the wall Italian spot with by far the best Italian food north of Atlanta
Make sure to checkout our full list of Marietta top places to eat here in this post by the AtlantaTribe.
Last for us to cover is an area north east of Atlanta called Gwinnett. We are covering this area simply because it is full of life, constantly growing, and has amazing food.
Here is our top three restaurants in Gwinnett you have to try:
- Sam’s On Main – A local favorite Mediterranean joint with friendly owners and small town love
- The Crossing Steakhouse – A historic location with some fall off the bone meats
- Mah Jong – Classic Chinese establishment that serves consistently awesome food
The rest of our Gwinnett top places to eat can be found here in this series of posts made by the Atlanta Tribe.
Places For Food In Atlanta
This concludes our post on Atlanta food places! Any of these locations mentioned is bound to give you an amazing meal, friendly service, and great experience. Make sure to checkout our full lists to make sure and not miss out on any great spots.
In addition, make sure to checkout our app called AppyMeal to order from some of these amazing local spots!